History

of David & John Anderson

1910

in 1933 DJA started to sell to retailers directly

1911

The partners decide to convert the partnership, which has served the company excellently, into a private limited company. Hence Mr. W. A. Readman of Lambie & Readman of Glasgow enters the BoD of the new born company which continues working as DJA Limited.

 

1952

The company reaches a turnover equivalent to one million pounds a year.

1933

A decision is taken for the domestic market to sell to retailers directly: a choice which, after the initial difficulties, proved to be fully justified. At that time, a sales office and warehouses were opened in the West End of London, in Woodstock Street and a shirt factory in the City.